Monday, January 01, 2007

Note Before Outreach...

Tonight amidst flat cleaning & packing I was looking over lecture notes from the past few months and came across the following quote from "Identity In Christ" week. The follow speaks exactly how I've been thinking, including the thought struggle I've dealt with and then the glorious triumph I have found in Christ alone:

[“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?” Actually, who are you not to be? You’re a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people the right to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” -- Nelson Mandela]

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, that is my favourite quote EVER. I also was told that on DTS....one of the staff members decided I needed to read it. It's so true in so many ways, our inability to accept our own abilitys pulls others down and makes them feel like they have to be smaller than they are. It's not arrogance to be who you were created to be.

Have so much fun on your outreach I'll be praying for you. Happy New Year.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Becker said...

well you've already left for outreach, but you'll get this eventually. After our conversation earlier last week our pastor then used this quote in his sermon this past sunday and it totally hit me hard. I think it's cool that after our conversation on this very topic we both came across such a fabulous and relative quote!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Take 2 said...

Julia McFadden,

Girl....wow what an awesome opportunity for you to be overseas.

Guess what!?! You met one of my hottie US cousins. Justin Moline!!!!

He is my cousin. My mom and his dad are brother and sister. Can you believe it. My email was down and I just got it up and running to discover that he was over in Aussie land. Emailed him and let him know that you were over there and he informs me that he indeed met you and in fact you drew him a picture for a project or something.

I am so pumped to know that you guys met.

I hope you are having the time of your life. We miss you in Three Bumps but we continue to updhold you in prayer.

Talk to you. Love ya.

Dana

8:31 PM  
Blogger Take 2 said...

Julia,

My cousin Justin Moline has been attending YWAM at Perth. I could not remember what YWAM you were at so I happened to mention your name and told him you were from our church and we are friends.

Anyway he wrote me back telling me that he met you and that you drew his picture for an art project at the Art Evengelism School and now you were heading out to India and Nepal for your outreach. Justin is heading to Bankok, Thailand for his outreach. He knows a Julia from Canada he thought it was you.

Is it possible there are 2 Julias???

Just thought it was a long shot that maybe you had met. He is my first cousin from North Dakota/Minnesota.

We are praying that you are doing well. I am sure you are finding life interesting and challenging everyday. Talk to you soon.

Dana

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home